All around us, the North Texas economy is booming – but not for everyone. In fact, most single parents are struggling harder than ever to keep up:
• 1 in 3 children in North Texas are being raised by single parents
• 60% of single parents in North Texas are among the working poor
• Only 30% of available jobs in North Texas provide the income needed to raise two children self sufficiently.
Many single families have had to face and overcome the death of a spouse, the loss and division of divorce, or disease. Many single parents face the challenges of work/life balance issues as well as their children
Single Parent Advocate stands in the gap for these families. We’re committed to making a difference by educating, equipping and empowering North Texas single parents and their children.
Now in our 10th year, Single Parent Advocate is a resource that single parents can rely on. We provide information, encouragement and practical assistance of all types – food, school supplies, bikes for kids, college scholarships for parents, and more. Online, we have developed a community where single parent families in North Texas, other states in the US, and even some international families plug in and empower one another. That’s why North Texas Giving Day, September 19, is so important to Single Parent Advocate and the families that rely on us.
North Texas Giving Day, sponsored by the Communities Foundation of Texas, is a gigantic online community giving event for non-profit organizations—in fact, it’s the largest one in the country!
On September 19, we’re counting on your support to help us raise $5,000 for Single Parent Advocate!
Your donation of any amount will go toward our programs that assist single parent families in North Texas with many opportunities and services such as the following:
- Educational scholarships that help single parents attend college
- Thanksgiving Baskets complete with Turkey dinner
- Annual Christmas Outreach where a featured effort is to provide bicycles for all children
- Annual Back to School Supply Drive and Distribution where families receive backpacks and school supplies
- Continual online and offline empowerment
- Annual Mother’s Day Banquets for parents and children
- Annual Picnic Social for Father’s Day
- National Single Parent Day recognition in March annually
Click Here to goto Single Parent Advocate’s North Texas Giving Day page and help us continue the incredibly impactful and positive change that has been lifting the lives of single parent families for 10 years now!
Scheduled giving begins on September 9 and will continue through September 19, 2019.